I can't believe how lucky I am to have Pan as a neighbour. His mum just keeps churning out awesome as food. After our shoot with the daffodils, she was at her bestest yet again. This time round she made these:
I call them Bun Fluffs, but they should really be called Heavenly Buns or something corny like that just cos Bun Fluffs really isn't enough to describe them.
These are perfect after a day in the field doing a shoot on stupid daffodils and really really cheered me up. They go perfect with a hot cup of Milo or coffee. Pan's mum made 2 variations - a coconut one and a peanut one. In other words Coconut Fluffs and Nut Fluffs. They may look like regular buns but theyre really special. They have a slightly sweet taste to them, nearly milky sweet, and the glaze on them made it even more palatable. The Coconut Fluffs were 2 such pieces of bun with some cream in between them and rolled in dessicated coconut. I've never had anything like it before. Who knew coconuts and cream went together!! A quick suggestion though, maybe try something lighter like a custard cream to make it truly AWESOME!!! But my favourite would have to be the Nut Fluffs. It's the same bun but with peanut butter spread in between and covered in crush nuts!! Ok, I dont know about all of you, but I'm a big peanut butter nut!! Just the feeling of how the light bun mixes with the rich, creamy peanut butter along with fresh crushed peanuts is enough to satisfy the pickiest of brats!! I certainly had fun chomping them down!!
So again, BIG shout out to Pan's Mum for the awesome snack!! And if she were to ever open a bakery, I'd fully support it and advertise it all over my blog!!!!
Notices
WE WANT TO SHOOT YOU!!
Dear Readers,
A shout out to anyone who needs the services of the photography variety. Be it portraits, event coverage, or just a candid shoot, just give us a shout out on allantinghy@gmail.com.
Also, check out more pics at http://flickr.com/photos/raging_bull_inc/
If you're game, we're game!!
Cheers,
The Crew @ PID
Monday, September 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Photographer's Creed
This is my camera. There are many like it but this one is mine.My camera is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my camera is useless. Without my camera, I am useless. I must shoot my camera true. Before God I swear this creed: my camera and myself are defenders of the art of photography, we are the masters of composition, we are the saviors of memories. So be it, until there are no elusive shots left, but good, decent, photography. Amen.
Back Issues
-
▼
07
(44)
-
▼
Sep
(17)
- Auto Salon Christchurch 2007 Pt.1
- Bun Fluff
- Fashion Survey (Tag Alert)
- Daffodil Daze
- Wish List 07/08
- Must-Watch-TV: Previously on Prison Break...
- Flaunt It
- Khmer Noodle House
- Behind the Scenes: Photogs In Diguise
- The Birds and The Bees
- Wings Of An Angel
- Food-Off #1: Son of Devil Bun VS Supremo Chicken Puff
- I *HEART* Japan... Fullstop
- Surfer Rosa
- Flower Power!!!
- The Basics
- A TEAM A-GO-GO!!!
-
▼
Sep
(17)
Tags
- general (68)
- compositions (30)
- friends (14)
- photography (11)
- food (6)
- travel (6)
- camera (3)
- must watch tv (3)
- rants (3)
- dont be that guy (2)
- portraits (2)
- bad analogies (1)
- eat off (1)
- games (1)


6 comments:
I'll show you heavenly buns ;)
Pan's mom sounds awesome. I'm jealous. Nice buns though. ;)
Thats sick jo
"These aren't your dad's buns,
These are TURBO BUNS!!!"
- Quote from the gay version of Power Thirst
Hahahahaha!!!
But still...
fatty want another cream pie?
nothing wrong with a well made snack!!!
Post a Comment