Notices


WE WANT TO SHOOT YOU!!

Dear Readers,

A shout out to anyone who needs the services of the photography variety. Be it portraits, event coverage, or just a candid shoot, just give us a shout out on allantinghy@gmail.com.

Also, check out more pics at http://flickr.com/photos/raging_bull_inc/

If you're game, we're game!!


Cheers,
The Crew @ PID


Thursday, August 23, 2007

Past Present Future

Alrighty then, now we've gotten the nitty gritty intro stuff out of the way, we'll take a peek at what I've previously used and grown out of.


1, Pentax Espio 125m - Anyone remember film photography? Well yea, I'm old enough to remember loading film up, and waiting for the motors to unravel it. Theres probably a generation of kids that wont even know it existed. It was my very first camera, gifted by Dad, and used extensively during my graduation trips to Damai Beach. Ahh... memories...

Loved: -My very first camera

Hated: - Film
- Costs
I was Allan's very first.


2, Pentax Optio 33WR - Cutesy wee beast this one. My very first digital camera. Its an exact square. But for its time (circa 2002 - 2003), this square packed a PUNCH!!! Its not much bigger than a wallet, 3.2MP and there was a manual focus on it!! Which was quite a bit considering you could fit in to your back pocket in 2002. Did more in terms of snapshots and stuff with that, couldnt do anything remotely serious. But it was teeny, convenient and adequate at the time.

Loved: -Size & Dimensions
-Manual Focus

Hated: -MP count
-Teeny SD Card capacity
I like my cameras like I like my geeks - SQUARE!!


3, Canon Powershot G7 - Currently doing all my compo's on this one. Its a BEAST!! A fine black, polished BEAST!! Got it heavily discounted from a friend as well (700NZD as oppsed to 900++NZD), so I was a happy boy that day. Its a tad on the big side, but no where as clunky as a DSLR. It performs just as well as an entry level DSLR (apparently). And it was just the perfect bridge before I crossed over to DSLR territory.

Loved: - Size & Dimensions (for its performance level)
- 10MP count
- Fully custom Manual Mode
- Aperture Range (2.8 - 8, can u say BOKEHHH!!)
- Old School Rangefinder aesthetics (take off the silver ring, cover the silver up and
it'll look like a BIG BLACK BRICK, that no one wants to steal might I add)
- Dedicated hard ISO button on the top (you have no idea how handy that thing is!!)
- HD video mode

Hated: - Lousy flash mode (which kinda rectifies itself when u turn on flash compensation mode) - Significant grains at ISO 800
- Non existent grip!!!



Nothing like a BIG BLACK BRICK to brighten your day!!!


And now, we take a look into the future: The Nikon D80. Need I say more? Slaving in a produce factory for this BADBOY was never quite as worth it as just slaving.


Who's a sexy BEAST now huh??

5 comments:

Pannis McMannis said...

now i wanna get a nice camera!

Anonymous said...

D80? Not D40x?

heeyeol said...

yay!!! i have my 2MP of glory on my fone lol

Anonymous said...

Haha you're on the blogroll at my site, eheem. You spelled my name incorrectly on yours :(

Raging Bull said...

pan> everyone should get a nice camera!!

jackson> great minds think alike!!

huei> D80 all da way!! and yea.. mah bad.. ive rectified the problem.. lol

mojo> read what i replied to pan

Photographer's Creed

This is my camera. There are many like it but this one is mine.My camera is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my camera is useless. Without my camera, I am useless. I must shoot my camera true. Before God I swear this creed: my camera and myself are defenders of the art of photography, we are the masters of composition, we are the saviors of memories. So be it, until there are no elusive shots left, but good, decent, photography. Amen.