A few days into my arrival in Christchurch, I got invited to an event by Von & Co. Tickets were priced at 7NZD and the event was dubbed 'SHIOK', derived from a manglish word of exclaimation which indicates an object as superlatively good. Errr... yea... no... it was more like 'HORROR' than anything...
The night started out as it usually does... with a game of 'Ring of Death'. The rules of which still defy me even to this day. Basically it's a glorified version of pick up 52 and involves alcohol related punishments. Niiiice...
Then we made our merry way to the UCSA Ballroom for 'SHIOK'. When you enter a venue, and you see rice and chillis and tea lights for decorations, you know you're in trouble.
The first dish they served up was Laksa. Suffice to say, I wouldn't even dignify it with pictures. It was BAD. Very, very bad. The soup base was piss weak, the noodles were too stiff, the condiments were inadequate, and it wasn't even served piping hot.
Next up, a series of food eating challenges with prizes supposedly sponsored by Sony. First up - CHILLIES. And boy, did we have a surprising winner for this one.
There was another ice cream challenge, but most of us had sensitive teeth so we skipped that one. Then it was on to the next course - Nasi Lemak. Again, I shan't dignify it with a picture - the rice was not very cooked, and the chicken was cold. Seriously Singapore Soc... Then it was on to other challenges like.. eating sausages.. which.. were also cold.. At that stage our table was mutinous and rowdy and terribly hungry. And we got these priceless shots out of sheer boredom...
The final challenge was a Wasabi-Eat-All-You-Can. That didn't turn out very well... I mean... just look at it...
In the end, no one won anything... the Sony sponsored products of dubious origin never made it to our winners. And most of all, we left hungry and unsatisfied. Felt a bit cheated I guess... Maybe next time UCSSS...
Notices
WE WANT TO SHOOT YOU!!
Dear Readers,
A shout out to anyone who needs the services of the photography variety. Be it portraits, event coverage, or just a candid shoot, just give us a shout out on allantinghy@gmail.com.
Also, check out more pics at http://flickr.com/photos/raging_bull_inc/
If you're game, we're game!!
Cheers,
The Crew @ PID
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Photographer's Creed
This is my camera. There are many like it but this one is mine.My camera is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my camera is useless. Without my camera, I am useless. I must shoot my camera true. Before God I swear this creed: my camera and myself are defenders of the art of photography, we are the masters of composition, we are the saviors of memories. So be it, until there are no elusive shots left, but good, decent, photography. Amen.
Tags
- general (68)
- compositions (30)
- friends (14)
- photography (11)
- food (6)
- travel (6)
- camera (3)
- must watch tv (3)
- rants (3)
- dont be that guy (2)
- portraits (2)
- bad analogies (1)
- eat off (1)
- games (1)












1 comment:
nice update with the site. needs more personal flavour in my opinion, something to call it your own!
Post a Comment