Notices
WE WANT TO SHOOT YOU!!
Dear Readers,
A shout out to anyone who needs the services of the photography variety. Be it portraits, event coverage, or just a candid shoot, just give us a shout out on allantinghy@gmail.com.
Also, check out more pics at http://flickr.com/photos/raging_bull_inc/
If you're game, we're game!!
Cheers,
The Crew @ PID
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Kit Accumulation
Update: In Singapore, still job hunting, but at the same time holidaying while I still can. Shout out if you're around for a holiday or something. Also, why isn't anyone critiquing or commenting anymore... or for that matter... BLOGGING anymore!!! It feels weird being left out of the loop!! Update me peoples!!!
This kit took a while to accumulate. It's just the basics, and covers the stuff I shoot. But as I get richer (somehow) the list of photog babies will evolve.
For the photog nuts out there, my photog babies includes:
Nikon D80 body
Nikkor 18 - 135mm
Nikkor 70 - 300mm
Nikkor 50mm f1.8 (my pride and joy)
SB 600 Speedlight
ML L3 remote
Nikon Tripod
Lowepro AW 400
For now, this gear allows me to do what I do - take photos. However, all you budding photogs out there, dont think that you can't take good photos without kit like that. Also, dont think that just because someone has good kit it'll equate to them being able to take excellent pics all the time.
At the end of the day, it boils down to the person behind the lens, how they perceive light and how well they know the environment around them. If there ever was a problem taking a shot of a subject, a good photog doesn't blame his/her gear, but will instead work around it. It's photography, not photoGEARphy.
Tagged as:
camera,
general,
photography
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Photographer's Creed
This is my camera. There are many like it but this one is mine.My camera is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my camera is useless. Without my camera, I am useless. I must shoot my camera true. Before God I swear this creed: my camera and myself are defenders of the art of photography, we are the masters of composition, we are the saviors of memories. So be it, until there are no elusive shots left, but good, decent, photography. Amen.
Back Issues
Tags
- general (68)
- compositions (30)
- friends (14)
- photography (11)
- food (6)
- travel (6)
- camera (3)
- must watch tv (3)
- rants (3)
- dont be that guy (2)
- portraits (2)
- bad analogies (1)
- eat off (1)
- games (1)



5 comments:
all the action is at the flat, ALL OF IT! people don't blog cause everyone else knows about stuff already before they hit the shelves. Sorry allan, but the flat is the center of attention at this current space and time :\
If you do however want updates... GO ONLINE! and talk to one of us maybe we'll be around.
btw, the flat's net dc's ALL THE FUCKING TIME!!!
Oh my my my...
Alan Ting, my uncle, has a blog!
I'm loving your kit...
Wish i had a DSLR...
I'm currently using my 3 y.o. Sony T-9...
Works like a charm & fits comfortably into my pocket...
Yet when I take pictures with my friends' DSLRs, the quality difference is apparent.
I want to invest in a Sony A700 but i may have to sacrifice pleasures for half a year...
so...
PLEASURES COME FIRST!!
NO MONEY FOR CAMERA!!
Btw, all the best to you in your job hunt!
i blogged! i blogged!
Post a Comment