Ok, ok this time I'll update more frequently...
With an itinerary hectic enough to fit into any leg of the 'Amazing Race', and enough drama for a season of 'Prison Break', I set off on my mini O.E (overseas experience). So begins the first leg of my adventures.
Destination: Hong Kong
Took an Air Asia flight from Kuching to Macau, where I stayed overnight with the rents. The next morning was a mad rush to the Macau ferry terminal for tickets to Kowloon to meet up with my cousin who was to be my guide.
If theres something the Ting clan enjoys more than anything, its EAT EAT EAT!! Jap buffets, steamboat buffets, Korean BBQ buffets, we got to sample the whole gamut of cuisine available. One thing that everyone has to try out though, asides from the standard Dim Sum, is the HK cafe style food. Simply put - BEAUTIFUL (esp their milk teas, OMG, still havent been able to find anywhere thats close to replicating it).
You can all probably tell by now that we dont go out in the day very often, mostly due to terrible weather conditions (there were freak ice storms in the area north of HK) which brought down a fuck load of rain and drove the mercury down to about freezing point. However by nightfall it was dry enough to lug the camera out and take some nice pics of the city slicked up with rain and lit with crazy neons.
Hong Kong really is another planet to a country bumpkin like myself. It's huge, it's dynamic, its ever changing, it's sleepless and the people are just as energetic, things I've never associated with the cities I've settled down in. Yes, there are people taking public transport well into the night and even in the wee hours of the morning. It's clash between identities is clearly evident, neither here nor there. There are brand spanking new highways that run through grimy, run down apartment flats, ultra modern shopping malls with street sellers paving their entrance, italian restaurants with vendors selling traditional tid bits right opposite their premises. And maybe thats what Hong Kong is about. Till next time Hong Kong...
Notices
WE WANT TO SHOOT YOU!!
Dear Readers,
A shout out to anyone who needs the services of the photography variety. Be it portraits, event coverage, or just a candid shoot, just give us a shout out on allantinghy@gmail.com.
Also, check out more pics at http://flickr.com/photos/raging_bull_inc/
If you're game, we're game!!
Cheers,
The Crew @ PID
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Photographer's Creed
This is my camera. There are many like it but this one is mine.My camera is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my camera is useless. Without my camera, I am useless. I must shoot my camera true. Before God I swear this creed: my camera and myself are defenders of the art of photography, we are the masters of composition, we are the saviors of memories. So be it, until there are no elusive shots left, but good, decent, photography. Amen.
Back Issues
Tags
- general (68)
- compositions (30)
- friends (14)
- photography (11)
- food (6)
- travel (6)
- camera (3)
- must watch tv (3)
- rants (3)
- dont be that guy (2)
- portraits (2)
- bad analogies (1)
- eat off (1)
- games (1)












2 comments:
Post a Comment